Friday, July 15, 2011

Healthier choices...

I had several people ask, after my first post on what all we cut out at our house, what is there left to eat. Ha. There is plenty so no worries!

I will start with breakfast. Here are some great delicious breakfast ideas....



Greek yogurt has about twice the protein of regular yogurt! This kind
has 23 grams of protein per serving size. That is pretty huge. Mix in a bowl some greek yogurt, fresh strawberries and/or blueberries and a handful of granola. YUM YUM!

My girls also love to make smoothies. Put in blender - yogurt, strawberries (fresh or frozen), a banana,  a splash of Silk soy vanilla milk and ice - and mix! 
Another idea is to have fresh cut up watermelon, cantaloupe, or honeydew. Serve this with a side of toast. One of my daughters loves bananas dipped in Justin's Maple Almond Butter. This is great! I love to eat it on crackers. 

Another option is to do the flavored yogurts - these blueberry are my favorite, but all the flavors are delicious! 

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like the changes we are making in our house too! Have you tried Fage (2%) Greek Yogurt?? It's thick and yummy -- the honey flavored yogurt is the absolute best! I like Oikos too.

    ReplyDelete