Saturday, May 24, 2014

Day 4

12:10 am - It's been a rough night. She's not drinking enough fluids at all. Nothing tastes good to her. And if it does taste good, it only tastes good once. Like the potato soup purée - she loved. But then when we tried again, no she wouldn't drink it. I've tried all her favorite drinks. Sweet lemonade tea, lemonade, apple juice, Gatorade, watered down chocolate milkshake, etc. It's a struggle. She's feels so badly that she doesn't like anything but she says everything makes her stomach hurt, then that makes her feel like she's going to get sick. She's dizzy and light headed. Of course I'm thinking because she's only taking medicines and there nothing on her stomach. Double edged sword. She cried often today. Depressed. Sad. Regretting doing this. Again this was something that warned us of - this is all normal expected feelings during the first week. But this breaks a mommas heart!

Please pray with me that today (Saturday) will be a much better day. God give her the ability to press on and drink even if it doesn't taste good and help her stomach feel better. God give her hope that she will get better and that she sees the light at the end of this tunnel!

We have been blessed with some really great friends and family that is for sure. Gifts, flowers and food - it does certainly help when there is some stress going on in the house. We are so grateful.

8:00am - Ellie slept really good last night. I got up at 2:30 to give her meds then she went right back to sleep. Then I had my alarm set for 5:30 for next dose of medicine. I woke up and thought it seemed really light outside so I looked at my phone and it was 6:40. I checked my alarm and when I went to the alarm app it was "on" at 5:30 but it turned "off" as I was looking at it. Call it Devine intervention or what? I'm guessing someone knew that she needed sleep more than med?

I emailed Dr McKenna last night with concern over Ellie. He quickly emailed me back and said to try switching from the prescription mouthwash (which can alter taste) to regular mouthwash. So we made that change this morning and ... Good news! She has had orange juice and tea this morning and both tastes normal. She's only had 2 ounces so far but I told her she has to drink 30 more today. I suggested (thanks to a friends advice) that she be in charge of coming up with a schedule that suits her. I don't care how she does it but get the fluids in. She had a friend come pick her up with morning and they went for a short ride. It lifted her spirits but wore her out. I told her the more she drinks the more she will feel like these little outings.
She needs her friends right now more than anything. Y'all that know Ellie know what a "people person" she is!!! This is how she will recover. Please know that we welcome Ellie's friends over anytime!!!!! Our home is open to all her friends, as usual. )

3:00pm - WRITTEN BY ELLIE...
I have loved the amount of support that I have gotten from my friends and family, the uplifting attitudes and spirits make me such a happier stronger person! I love everyone coming by and all the prayers they send, thank you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment