Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Day 8

8:15sm - Ellie kicked me out of her room last night. I've been sleeping either in her hospital room or in her bed since she got home. She accused me of snoring! (What?!! Stephen has never told me that before!) And she said she wants the whole bed to sleep in. So I sat the bell and also the loud obnoxious horn on her nightstand so she can let me know if she needs me in the middle of the night. I never heard from her and she is still asleep.

Today is a big day for us. Olivia is graduating from 8th grade tonight. :( And today I'm taking Ellie back down to Vanderbilt to the Doctor. The plan as far as I know is that he is going to cut her wires today and put tight bands on instead that will keep her mouth shut still but the good news is that she only has to wear them 23 out of 24 hours a day. This will give her say, four 15 minute breaks where she can take the bands off and brush her teeth!!! And she will be able to get some foods in during this time. She still won't be able to chew anything but she will be able to have things that don't have to be chewed like mashed potatoes, milkshakes, smoothies, jello, etc. I'm going to try to think of the most fattening high protein high calorie things I can to feed her.  I'll update again after we talk to the Doctor and find out more.

No comments:

Post a Comment